Monday 6 October 2014

In Riding a Horse, We Borrow Freedom

Helen Thompson was right we she came up with the quote “In Riding a Horse, We Borrow Freedom“, from the time when I started horseback riding I knew it was a journey I was going to remain on. This weekend on my staycation series I teamed up with Tess my horseback riding partner and some other friends for a day in the tea fields.
My normal timings is one hour ride for each sessions, however this time we opted for 2 hours of some good ol’ proper riding. We have been practicing our trotting and galloping and this session we added cantering.
 
 It is really hard to express the joy that comes with connecting with your horse at high speed without flying off the horse. My horses name is Tiger Love and I’ve been riding him for about 10 months now. He is 17 years old and has a mind of his own.. I still love him though. 
I choose to ride in the tea fields as it brings a lovely mix of nature and freedom. During the riding sessions we sometime stop and enjoy the view on raised view and for sure that view does it for me each time.
There is a Mexican proverb that says “It is not enough for a rider to know how to ride; she must know how to fall.” I really like as I like to tell myself once you fall then the next step is pro. Well I dint literally fall but I had a minor accident during the riding session.

 
For now I will be on land for a while until my leg heals. To be specific "I sprained it" it hurts to think of no high heels for a week but I think I can handle it. Until next time Happy people. 
Happy Staycations
- Lea - 

No comments:

Post a Comment